Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Salvation Army Brat!

I'm officially a Salvation Army Brat!
I discovered the Salvation Army in NYC at
536 West 46th St.
I happened to pass by this place Friday Night on my way to Hudson Terrace.
This place is HUUUUUUUGE! I went in at 3pm I left at 5pm with a large bag of goodies.
I scored 7 items( 2 dresses, 1 skirt, 1 pair of pants, 1 blazer, 1 sequin blouse and a necklace)
for
$52 bucks
and one of the dresses was a Marc Jacobs dress!
If you live in New York City, RUN DONT WALK TO THIS PLACE!!!!
The selection of items is AMAZING!
The Salvation Army is an international, faith-based charitable organization with a simple mission:
 to help those in need without discrimination.
Headquartered in London—from a building at the foot of the Millennium Bridge—The Salvation Army serves in 118 countries and has an extensive presence in the United States.
 Up 2 flights of stairs and I arrived in HEAVEN!

BELOW ARE MY FASHION STEELE'S ON THE NIGHT
Got this Marc Jacobs dress for $9.99 Sweeeeeeet!


 Got this great blazer (Unknown Label) $12.99
Got the gorgeous sequin top for $4.99 (Unknown Label) 



Got this amazing print skirt with pockets for $4.99 (Unknown Label)

 Got this amazing dress for $12.99 but it was 50% off for a whopping $6.50!!!!!!
Label: Hal Ferman





Got these great silk vintage pleated pants for $4.99
Lovely coin necklace for $4.99

 I'm super excited about all my purchases!
Can't wait to wear them all!
You really can look like a million bucks without spending a million bucks.
Salute Your Local Salvation Army
they may just SAVE you a ton of MONEY!

See some other great thrifting I've done HERE and HERE and ofcourse HERE!!!!!

Find your local Salvation Army Here!!!

I will put all the pieces in later outfit post!

So whats your favorite thing you've found thrifting???
Mine is the Marc Jacobs dress for $9.99!!!!!

The Winner of My 50+ Followers Giveaway is....

Lyrica Onyrica
visit her blog
HERE
XOXO
Monroe

34 comments:

  1. What a STEELE! I love the Marc Jacobs dress very pretty! xoxo

    www.pink-stilettos.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear thrift store in the US are better than the ones here in England let alone Europe. So jealous! Great selection of clothes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to that location! It is fab.!! Great purchases : ) Can't wait to see you blog them!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really got lucky. As you know, thrifting is hit or miss. You had a serious HIT. Everything is gorgeous, I cant wait to see how you incorporate these pieces. The MJ dress, my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your fabulous and oh so affordable finds...LOVE it!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment too!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR (a la Rachel Zoe) What amazing finds- especially the red Marc Jacobs dress and the funky blazer!!! I love thrift shopping- its not as great in Canada but in England they have Charity Shops for all types of good causes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I could pick just one favorite from my thrifting adventures. I love EVERYTHING! :) You definitely scored some amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are two big Salvation army places in my town.. half of my clothes are from there! Great finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the Marc Jacobs dress and the striped dress and the pleated pants! I wish we had a Salvation army store in my country. :(
    xxx

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lord I can't wait to do vintage shopping in the states when I come home for the holidays. I'm leaving Heathrow with an empty suitcase! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. salvation army is the best place to score good vintage deals !!
    i love everything u got there :)


    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...way to go...you got an awesome haul....LOVE the MJ dress....:)

    Stop by and say Hello♥

    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds, especially loving the blazer and sequin top! I'm due for a visit to my S.A.

    http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! that sequin top and marc jacobs dress is amazing!! you are so lucky, I wish my salvation army is like that
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW , u find the best vintage pieces! absolutely love the items.

    http://theluxestandard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh, I envy you, by the way thanks for the sweet comment on my post!

    Love.
    catherine
    http://etinological.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, your purchases are cool:)
    especially I like the Marc Jacobs dress:)
    cant wait to see the photos:)
    xx
    Sasha

    http://perfectionistsdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your finds, you get the best deals!

    Emma
    TheSidewalkIsMyRunway

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, these are great buys!! :) and for a sexy price too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you really got some great purchases. Love the blazer

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing finds!!!!
    I'm so jealous right now!!! :D

    xxx
    Vikki

    http://stylometre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. you found a marc jacobs dress for 9.99~?!?!?!?! thats an insane find! wow! im going to be checking out charity store more often now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love sal val...such great finds you had!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy wow!!! I wish I lived by your Salvation Army. Lol. I keep going to the one in my town and I never find anything fabulous. Sigh. It's usually the smaller, independently owned thrift stores where I find the gems...

    Awesome post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a purchase... I LOVE this marc jacobs dress!!

    great blog!

    burcu

    ReplyDelete
  26. thrift stores are my home away from home, definitly where you find the best deals! i always feel strange afterwards when i buy a 40$ dress when i got a very unique one for 6$ earlier, but thats the beauty of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE that Marc Jacobs dress. Oh my. If you came to Iowa and went to our Salvation Army all those things would cost you a whopping 25 bucks. However the likelihood of finding a MJ dress.. slim to none.

    Favorite thrifted find.. changes every time I go shopping.. for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  28. those outfits are gorgeous!
    adore 'em all!
    the price is reasonable too :)
    great post, thanks for sharing!

    Castor Pollux

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey pretty nice blog you have here. I love the Marc Jabocs dress, wow! I bet you were all excited when you got it!

    I have the best memories with my mom @ the salvation army! It was so much fun to find treasures, specially those cool accessories you find there! tons of fun, I totally recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is like a really clean Salvation Army. The ones here are just crappy. They smell really bad. Goodwill is way better here. You got some great deals. Those dresses and shirts are great.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin