Tuesday, December 6, 2011

classics never die

It's true...the basics in fashion never really die. The pencil skirt is still a must have staple in every womans wardrobe. It evokes instant classic sex appeal masked with authority given the length. A little twist on this is ofcourse the material. A leather pencil skirt gives it a little more oomph! Got this lovely one at ZARA.

















Outfit
Sweater: Zara
Skirt: Zara
Shoes: Charlotte Olympia see them worn differentely HERE and HERE
Necklace: Thrifted at Brooklyn Flea Market
Ring: Urban Outfitters

I really love the mixture of textures here especially the plush sweater against the leather and the suede shoes. I think mixing fabrics adds a lot more depth to the outfit and is more pleasing to the eye. Check out some of my other Zara pieces here and worn here and here.

xo
Monroe



14 comments:

  1. Love that skirt. That skirt is a definite must have.

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look,hon!Love those gorgeous shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice texture mix indeed, everything looks luxe and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord I saw this skirt at Zara's and wanted it. It's a perfect buy- looks great on you!

    De,

    Fashion Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look nice! Love the shoes & necklace!
    www.fifthnsixthcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving these accessories in thus outfit!

    x

    http://thehausofblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. so are you going to hand over the necklace or will I have to push you down for it? I know you dont want to scuff your Charlotte Olympia. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. très jolie tenue, j'adore.
    Tes chaussures sont superbes, et j'aime beaucoup ta bague

    ReplyDelete
  9. how can you not LOVE those wedges of yours! I do need to step my shoe game UP

    commecoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this whole outfit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that skirt..my mom has 3 of them but all in a size 6. I am on the hunt for one in my size.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing combination of leather skirt with a sweater, for this amazing jewellery and velvet sea wedges! The whole is impressive! I follow!

    xo

    AnnConstance

    http://annconstanceroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin