Wednesday, October 3, 2012

what to wear: high school reunion

its hard to believe. i barely look a day over 18 without makeup. i know because i still get carded to buy a freaking lottery ticket! but my 10 year high school reunion is scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend. I am already freaking out! i have really no idea what i am going to wear and in an attempt not to buy everything on TheOutnet.com or Shopbop.com, im creating this blog post to keep me and my credit card in check. i have a few ideas in mind. i want to look successful and sexy...because hell i am! i also have to take weather into account although its an inside venue. so i need yalls help in guiding me in the right direction. a direction that says my life rocks!
 
 
 
quiet sophistication




H&M cotton shirt, $32 / Warehouse peplum jacket, $180 / Pleated skirt, $145 / Alexander Wang boots / Rebecca Minkoff handbag, $230 / House of Harlow 1960 pave jewelry
 
white hot




Long sleeve lace dress / AllSaints tuxedo blazer / Dorothy Perkins leather boots / Lodis bag / Yves Saint Laurent metal jewelry, $310 / Iman lip stick

 
all these looks have a little bit of edge to them which i like.
so what do you all think? whats the best option?
 
xx
Monroe
 
Follow me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele

16 comments:

  1. oooh love these looks I have two more years before mine, but i'm still gonna check these out for any other outings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like look 1, but I think look 2 is 'more you'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. three beautiful looks. you could go for look 1. i think the shoes from look three would work well with look 1 too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last look. It says you can be fun, sexy, and sassy but all about business at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like look 1 but with the all saints blazer from look 3. They are all awesome and you'll look great wearing any ;-) good luck choosing!

    De,

    Fashion Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look 3 is AH-MAZING (my first choice), but Look 3 is a bit more friendly... Depends on how you feel - they are all great!

    Typhanie
    www.mygarmentsofpraise.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. quiet sophistication . i think you made an error with the link you posted for the warehouse jacket but i did find it through polyvore

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't go wrong with any of the looks , but I was feeling look #3 White Hot!!! It says it all: "Sexy, Successful and STAND BACK!!!" Good luck choosing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Number 2 all the way! It's sexy and sophisticated! It says "I'm back, I'm grown, I look amazing, and what?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take it easy! your proposals are magnificent and you're sure the "belle of the ball". Anyway I recommend my blog if you want more ideas. By the way! yesterday I included burgundy dress fron your first outfit in my post . It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1 and 3 for me, but I think I is def more you for this time of the year. The lipstick color and that leather jacket! Work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl I hear ya! I got carded at the movie theatre bc it was an R movie... I was so confused! I like number 1 the most and think its the most YOU.... I didnt go to my reunion... I have facebook haahah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like a mix of all 3, especially if you want to be hands free bag wise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the last one. Its says you're ready to party, you've had a great ten years so far, and you're fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am tied between looks 1 and 3, but I am leaning more towards look 3...Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin