Monday, June 25, 2012

i blend in with the leaves

there's that color again...green. i got this top a few days ago at American Apparel.
it's was on sale to for a whooping $13 fashion STEELE! i decided to make it the focal color of the outfit and kept the skirt and accessories neutral and adding a pop of color with my Joe Fresh belt.
im starting to love pairing colors even if they don't match in the modern sense. fashion is about expressing yourself and doing what you want. it's visually more interesting than something we've all seen before. mixing it up...is better than being dull.

Top: American Apparel | Skirts: H&M | Shoes: Tahari Dayna Sandal
Belt: Joe Fresh | Watch: BCBGeneration | Necklace: Light Years

i love this skirt so much i have it in orange and in black. it's just a classic shape that looks great on me. i tend to gravitate toward tulip skirts and full skirts because they show off more of my figure. also super excited i got to wear my Tahari sandals again, see them worn differently here.
this is one of my favorite places to run through during the weekends. it's so serene and green. i love this time of year. i always forget that i have this green watch that i picked up at Loehmanns. I'm not really too much of a watch girl but I've got my eye on this and this very unique BCBGeneration watch as well. all i need now is an emerald ring like one of these to complete my green accessories. emerald is my birthstone...maybe thats why i love the color green so much..hmmmm.

where's your place of serenity?

xx
Monroe

Follow me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele

12 comments:

  1. Yes you do! Ok, I give up I definitely getting this lipstick tomorrow.. You look gorgeous darling!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! LOVE paper bag waistlines!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do look beautiful in these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome outfit! I love the shoes!!!

    www.2fashionfed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable look! Love the unexpected colors in this looK!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to mix it up and NY is famous for that. You pulled this look off well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that skirt is so fab!
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look lovely, your shoes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with that skirt! <3

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin