Friday, October 22, 2010

Fashion On and Off the Runway

So tonight I hit up a great event at Parsons. Sisters on the Runway, a student-organized fashion show that benefits Safe Horizon. Safe Haven is a place women can turn to for help and support who are victims of domestic abuse. There was a silent auction and also a raffle with some really cool prizes. All proceeds went to Safe Haven. It was pretty awesome and the fashion on the runway was spectacular but the fashion off the runway was inspirational.

Here are a few pictures of my ensemble for the evening. I managed to work in my new Dolce and Gabbana blazer from Housing Works and my new hat from Vintage Thrift that a got on my Vintage Me This Vintage Me That excursion found here.


 I wore a mustard colored shirt from Forever21 and Bandage skirt with sheer American Apparel pantyhose and my fav ASOS suede platform pumps. Necklace also from Housing Works.











I had to get a close up of this lovely cap I got at Vintage Thrift Store found here. Here are a few pictures of the fashion off the runway.






 Loved how fashionista #1 mixed prints (All Urban Outffitters)
and I can get enough of fashion maven #2 chic sweater!


Love these looks!
Both have something shinny weather shoes or sequins!
 I followed her around just to get a picture! The hat, the shawl love this bohemian chic look!
 Fierce from the lip color to the sequin belt and clogs!











Love the patterned pantyhose!
 
Love the shoes!


The girl above had this amazing ring. She got it in Hong Kong...man oh man the things I'd do for this ring!
One of the models from the show. She has great personal style and the same booties I'm wearing...in BLACK!

 This is actually one of the people who donated to the raffle. She does Hand Made Accessories. I snapped this picture of her with one of her necklaces on. I didn't know she actually made it until I won the raffle for one of her necklaces and a few other pieces. Yay!
 Gabriella Noelle
GNG9033@Yahoo.com

Here is one of my favorite pieces from the actual runway show. A big wooly coat in a beige color. I'd ROCK THIS!


So fashionista's out of all the looks off the runway which is your favorite?
I will also be having a prize give-away of the Gabriela Noelle pieces in a later post, so stay tuned!

XOXO
Monroe




8 comments:

  1. i love that blazer you're wearing. very chic and your whole outfit is amazing

    http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, and so does everyone else!

    xoxo, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! The show was awesome and everyone was so fashionable!

    xoxo Monroe

    fashionsteelenyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour from the blazer and top look great on you!

    Check out my blog @ www.afterstylecomesfashion.blogspot.com
    I hope you like it!

    With love, Samm

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, thanks for commenting so sweet on my blog..just checking yours out! love the style images! looked like a fab event! xoxo

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mustard-colored shirt is GORGEOUS on you!! And that blazer is equally fabulous. :) Looks like you had a great time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there! i am the one in the shawl, and i'm flattered to be in your blog :) thanks so much!

    hanamichi-marika.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin