Saturday, March 12, 2011

Southern Comfort

I'm super excited because yesterday I woke up in New York City...but this morning I woke up in North Carolina..and it feels damned good to be home. First stop was Bojangles...LOL. If you don't know what Bojangles is, it's a chicken fast food restuarant thats practically non existent in New York. They have the most delicious chicken and sweet tea. Speaking of sweet tea..hot diggity damn I must have been away a long time because the sugar in that tea almost killed me but I drank it and proceeded to urination station atleast 5 times during the night...ahhhhh it's good to be home.
Outfit
Top: H&M I wear this top so much lol see it worn differently HERE!!!!
Shorts: Thirfted vintage
Tights: American Apparel
Jacket: BCBGeneration via Nordstroms Rack
Boots: NYLA Sully Clog
Sunglasses: D&G..see them HERE!!!!
Bag: Thift..check out my store (its for sale HERE!!!!!)
This was my outfit for the day. In the morning it was a little breezy but I quickly had to take off this jacket and tights when the weather hit 70 degrees. I love this great new cropped jacket by BCBG with enormo shoulder pads that I can see out of the corner of my eyes when I wear it. It was such a fashion STEELE! Got it at my favorite spot Nordstroms Rack! I'm loving the weather here. Tonight I'm attending my Grandma's 60th Birthday...and can you guess which dress I will wear??? Stay tuned!

So what is your favorite comfort food?????

XOXO
Monroe

26 comments:

  1. I thought you were a native NYer! (You're as hip as one)! I love the South and Southern food...fried chicken, mac and cheese and my favorite...cornbread!! Yum! Have fun at the party, I know you'll look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit!

    I'm a sucker for plantain chips and dried cranberries! Can eat those all day every day (not together though) lol :)
    ~Toria

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh giiirl, i really like your jacket... & your heart suspender tights from asos & your black lace from necessary objects!

    whenever i visit NY, we shall get together & thrift shopping!! :)

    enjoy your time at home!
    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your padded jacket :D
    X
    http://monicakosasih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grea-great! ) Wonderful jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do really really love your jacket!!! amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My beautiful Monroe, I think I have told you before i have been to South and North Carolina twice, and to say that I love it is an understatement.
    I know Bojangles, although being a vegetarian, no chicken for me, hehehe.
    I love, love love your jacket. Those big shoulders are true killers.
    Enjoy your time in paradise.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister-n-law raves about Bojangles (she used to live in NC) and since my parents are from SC, I've eaten there once or twice years ago. Love their biscuits :) Great jacket! Love the structured shoulder...tres high fashion! Have a great time and enjoy the weather!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your jacket!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look good ;)


    http://fashionismyway.blogspot.com/2011/03/summer-2011-best-in-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you going to wear one of your new thrifted dresses to your grandmother's bday? I hope so :) This outfit is super chic- love the boots and the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun at home :-)
    Love the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing outfit!! so chic! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. answer:thank you so much for your lovely comment!!!;)

    www.paolinasspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. that jacket is FIYAH!!! I love it.... so happy you are home, enjoy it ;)

    xoxo,
    JJP
    comme-coco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing outfit. i love those boots

    http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. hunny...your shots are fire!

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! that BCBG jacket is spectacular!

    my favorite comfort food is mac n' cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your jacket is amazing!
    You make me want to go to USA so much! I am so jealous of everybody who lives there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the jacket. Fave comfort food is ice-cream. Boy am I guilty of over bingeing on that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure it's great to be home. Cool jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks everyone...this jacket is definitely one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl yeah I know about bojangles! I'm from NC too! Greensboro. Then I lived in Charlotte. Them biscuits are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad I found your blog! I live in SC, so totally understand the Bojangles fix. I spent all my summers as a child in NY but learned that I was a Southerner at heart. There is no way I can live without Waffle House, Chick Fil A, 7% tax, and sweet tea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin