Friday, October 4, 2013

Canal St. Martin

 photo DSC_3086683x452_zps7248072b.jpg
I'm so glad I chose to stay in Canal St. Martin in Paris. The area is quiet and has some of the best restaurants but still just a few stops on the train to all the major attractions in Paris. The little cafes that dot the Canal are always buzzing with people. They come and sit at little round tables facing the Canal as they drink their café au laits and smoke a cigarette over laughter with friends. Sunday is the best day to hang out on the Canal and people watch.
 photo DSC_3160678x1024_zps7475298e.jpg
 photo DSC_3199683x452_zps501a1704.jpg
 photo DSC_3292678x1024_zpsd87220a5.jpg
 photo DSC_3201683x452_zps86bb50f9.jpg
 photo DSC_3169678x1024_zps13e9df1a.jpg
 photo DSC_3242683x452_zps9b913f1d.jpg
 photo DSC_3289678x1024_zps1323e39e.jpg
 photo DSC_3222683x452_zps04df74b5.jpg
 photo DSC_3158678x1024_zps9e5ac7e1.jpg
Dress: Zara | Shoes: Zara
GET THE LOOK

I've noticed I've been wearing a lot of Zara lately. lol. Excuse me that was not on purpose. Anywho this dress is easy breezy and light and perfect for a warm day on the Canal. There clothing of choice in the area seems to be long skirts with boots or oversized sweaters worn as dresses. The Canal is a very youthful area. There is even a boat that will take you up the Canal on a leisurely scenic journey. It's really a lovely area with one of my favorite restaurants Chez Prune which I've eaten at just about everyday. So much so that they know my name after only one week there. What can I say...their food is amazing. Along the Canal in the morning runners are running and at a park across the street families lay out on the grass with their toddlers and bread and fruit and wine magically appear out of thin air. A good time is always had. Young lovers walk hand in hand along the cobblestone sidewalks or sit on the banks and lay in each others arms. It's the perfect oasis after a long day of sight seeing and fashion shows.
Keep up with my Paris Adventure on Instagram.
 


8 comments:

  1. Love Zara and I love it on you!

    Brittany x
    www.BrillianceOfB.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the colour red appears on your skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing outfit
    Love this sandals and this dress is gorgeous

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed seeing all of your photos from France. Thanks so much for sharing! Also, the quality of all of your photos has been amazing. Did you travel with a photographer friend or retain a photographer in France? Or are you just expert using a self-timer and tripod?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I hired a photographer for Paris. he is so awesome his info is in the left sidebar. I wish I could take photos this good! Thanks so much for reading!

    Monroe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing .... Dress swooning over those heels

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin