Tuesday, May 22, 2012

with Love from Barcelona

after checking out the beach and the some of the sights such as Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell I did more shopping and went to the Picasso Museum which was amazing. Let me tell you...the Zara in Spain is SICK. I was lucky enough to be at a hotel on the same street, the lovely Silken Gran Havana Hotel. It is one of the hugest Zara's I have ever seen. The best thing was the insanity of the pricing compared to the US. OMG..so yall know I'm a shopping fanatic so I definitely looked up the prices of everything I wanted in US dollars and Euros. Spains prices were about $20-50 lower even with the dollar to euro conversion!
Fashion Steele's all around!
So when I did my conversions (thanks converter app on my phone) I knew just how much I was saving.
I also did some cool thrift and vintage shopping in the El Born neighborhood of Barcelona which had the tiniest streets filled with boutique shops.




















All in all a smashing good time was had by me and my friend. I also celebrated my birthday while there...hence the rasberry, strawberry, fudge cake thingy in a martini glass.
it was de-effing-licious.
one year older...and super inspired by my vacation.
i quickly came home and put together the most amazing outfits high off my Barcelona infusion.
the quirky thrift shop Le Swing Vintage was a jewel. I picked up the best sunglasses ever there!
i also spent a lot of money in Zara...enough that I may never shop there again this year.
soon i will post a video of Barcelona as a whole.
xx
Monroe

NEW INVENTORY AT SHOP MY CLOSET!
Follow me on INSTAGRAM  @monroesteele


10 comments:

  1. Loving the Barcelona pics, youre giving me the travel itch and before this I've never wanted to go to Spain. Happy belated birthday! Taureans rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara in Spain is so amazing, you're really making me miss Barcelona so much with these posts! Love them. Happy Post Birthday :)

    Collections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh these are Gorge pictures! everybody is traveling and i'm living through every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such beautiful quality pictures! I love it when you travel! feels like i am traveling too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy you so much right now! These pictures are amazing..it looks like you are having so much fun

    2fashionfed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Barcelona with my bff and we loved it! Went to the exact same Zara, it's actually the cheapest in Europe. Even in London we pay just a few extra but not that much. Hope you enjoy your vaycay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the photo of you in the restaurant with the glasses on, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Barcelona looks amazing! I would love to visit that Zara!!!

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to going there one day.. gotta love españa

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin