Tuesday, July 10, 2012

thrift haul: Salvation Army

this past weekend i decided to make a day of it and do some thrifting at one of my favorite Salvation Army's in Harlem. I was on a mission. I was only going to buy tops being that i have very few in my wardrobe. that's the problem with my wardrobe. I have a million shoes, skirts and dresses but not enough tops. it's very easy to incorporate tops into your wardrobe making it one of the easiest things to thrift. I went for bold primary colors. I also found a great skirt and top set that I plan to break up and use with different pieces.




Skirt and Top Set: $12.99
Red Silk Top: $2.99
Yellow Silk Top: $2.99
Total: $19.32
yes im pretty ecstatic and glad i got some more tops to mix and match into my wardrobe. see how i worked in the blue top here and the blue skirt here. In an upcoming post I will show you how I incorporate these pieces into my wardrobe. Along with these thrifted items from my Beacon's Closet Thrift Hall.
If you want to know where the best places to thrift and vintage shop in NYC check out my eBook!
eBook: Thrift and the City: Guide to New York City Thrift and Vintage Shopping
and don't forget to check out my "What's Happening" section in my left sidebar for upcoming Thrift and the City shopping tour dates! you wont want to miss it!

xx
Monroe


Follow me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele

5 comments:

  1. oh my that dress is LOVELY!! love the bold colors of the tops you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves it. The blouses are really great. Which Salavation Army do you go to?

    Collections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this store. It's in walking distance from my apt., which is good and bad :-) Every time I go there, I find something. The red shirt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds. I like them all.
    Sandimartiniblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin