Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Iron Lady

 photo 032683x455_zps4fabe4d8.jpg
(The spot where I first spotted the Iron Lady)
I was definitely a little anxious on my way to the Eiffel Tower. I have literally seen thousands of photos of it and now I'd be standing in front of it. I was nervous and hoping it would be as magical as I thought it would be. I hadn't seen it on my way to my new apartment in the taxi. I searched the skyline whenever I was out and never saw it. Maybe its a lot smaller in real life than it is in photos I told myself (which bummed me out a little). I took the metro to Ecole Militaire, the closest stop for me to the tower. When I got out I desperately searched the skyline thinking surely I'd see it right away. But no I didn't. I started walking...in the wrong direction for about 10 minutes and passed the famous Rue Cler. I couldn't help myself so I went down that street looking at all the quaint shops.
  photo 028683x455_zps4e793fa7.jpg
These tiny back streets where full of charm and reminded me of the West Village. I was most certainly lost but refused to ask anyone for directions. I turned a corner and BOOM. There she was darting from the sky seemingly at the end of the road. Then it hit me...the place I stood was a place a million photographers have stood because I most certainly had seen this exact scene in many photos of the Eiffel Tower.
 photo 043683x455_zps7fa0284c.jpg
 I whipped out my camera...and it began pouring raining. I ran under a store sign for protection. There from that spot I could still admire the tower. Once the rain lightened a bit I took these series of photos (above). I then made my way down the street and right up to The Iron Lady. Bit by bit I took her in, in all her glory. She really is beautiful and it was aweing to be right in front of her.
 photo 071683x455_zps8fbdd9a3.jpg
 photo 073683x455_zps4044a47d.jpg
 photo 117683x455_zps464709fd.jpg
 photo 079683x1024_zpsbf26f456.jpg
 photo 153683x455_zps418d4f77.jpg
  photo 080683x455_zps48f7bf78.jpg
 photo 132683x1024_zps5727551d.jpg
 photo 165683x455_zpsbf304722.jpg
 photo 186683x455_zps68a4c2c1.jpg
 photo 088683x455_zps16f46c46.jpg
Excuse me for the picture overload. I couldn't help myself. I took about 400 photos from all different angles. I did a little photo editing too just to bring more color into the pictures. It really is beautiful. Stay tuned for an outfit post later this week at this very spot!
Keep up with me on Instagram.
 


5 comments:

  1. Yes! I hope you got a shot of yourself in front of it. Are you going back at night too when it's all lit up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Monroe!
    We met briefly at NYFW: I took a pic of you in your superb Gianvito Rossi sandals. (it will be online on modederue.ca on Tuesday, by the way!)
    Let me say that I'm a new fan of your blog... Currently going through your posts, and I can't stop! This one definitely struck me because the first picture is of he street I grew up in :) And I went to middle school in rue Cler. I moved to Montreal 5 years ago, but I haven't been in the 7e in so long, it definitely takes me back!
    As an adult, I lived in the Abbesses area, so I'll definitely refer to your thrift shop guide next time I go back. It all changes so quickly, I feel like a tourist in my own hometown, now!

    xo Élodie
    HELLO ELO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin