Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mastering Parisian Style

Blazer/Shoes: Zara | Boyfriend Jeans/Beanie: H&M | Top: NYC street corner
I'm just going to put it out there. I don't know what all the hoopla is about when it comes to Parisian style. Most of the people here dress the same as they do everywhere else. Now I can count on one hand how many times I starred at a Parisian women and admired her style. Exactly 5 times since I've been here. Once today when I was going into the subway this very French woman with a fabulous coat, heels and red lipstick was coming out and I thought: hotdamn! whatever she's having I will have two!
Sweater: H&M | Jeans: Lucky brand | Hat: Recently bought in Paris at Galeries Lafayette
Shoes: Zara
There is definitely a few Parisian chic uniforms and it usually involves a very form fitting leather jacket, the perfect pair of skinny jeans that make your ass look fabulous and a sturdy closed toed heel (whether boot or pump). Then there's that whole scarf thing. Even when its not so cold....there always ALWAYS has to be a scarf. The other uniform I've seen a lot of is a very large oversized sweater worn as a dress, with a belt, leggings, boots and that said leather jacket again. I admit Paris made me want to amp my outfit of the day game up. It's really about being comfortable yet stylish.
Sweater: Top Shop | Skirt: Gyphon New York | Jacket: Dallin Chase | Shoes: Alexander Wang
The day I wore this two Parisian guys told me I look magnifique and tres belle. Yeah no one could tell me anything for the rest of the day. I think the French already dig my style. If you are looking to master Parisian Style check out some of these sets.
GET THE LOOK

GET THE LOOK

 
Stay tuned I have some outfit post from Paris coming at ya soon. It's hard out here for a pimp to find a photographer lol.  Keep up with my Paris Adventure on Instagram.
 


7 comments:

  1. Once again, your observations are spont on!
    Agabelle (the French Caribbean woman living in Paris)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that 1st look!

    That blazer is life!

    BLEURGH
    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love how you've mastered the Parisian style!! I most definitely want to try the oversized sweater with a belt, leggings, and boots.

    ArteresaLynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss to those Alexander Wang shoes! Werk that Parisian style girl!

    -Kris

    The Kris Bliss

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin