Wednesday, September 19, 2012

a day in williamsburg

my friend Sheena and I decided to meet up this past sunday and make a day of it in williamsburg brooklyn. i do love the whole hometown feel of williamsburg even with all the Ray Ban wearing hipsters. its so beautiful around the water and everywhere you turn there are quaint thrift shops and mom and pop restuarants. i can't afford to live there though. i've noticed that it has come up so quickly and more and more beautiful buildings are sprouting up that i cant afford. it seems to be happening in Harlem as well. im beginning to worry that eventually the rent will be too damn high and i will have to move out of manhattan. le sigh. but for now...i just enjoy visiting..eating...and thrifting it up.
Top: c/o Eileen Fisher | Skirt: Patzia via Loehmanns | Shoes: Steve Madden Star Burst
Bag: Zara | Denim Jacket: H&M
 GET THE LOOK

we hit up Lovin Cup for their awesome $15 pre fix menu brunch then walked down to the Brooklyn Flea Market where i proceeded to by the best white leather pencil skirt for less than $50. it seriosuly made my entire day. i am already dreaming up dope outfits around it. make sure to check out my BFF Sheena's vintage shop. she has some awesome items for sale!
i am also planning my next THRIFT AND THE CITY TOUR in NYC/Brooklyn. Check out details and sign up for the tour HERE. Its sure to be tons of fun! And also check out my
ebook: Thrift and the City: A Guide to New York City Thrift and Vintage Shopping.
 
xx
Monroe
 
Follow me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele


16 comments:

  1. aww Hi Sheena!!!!! Im loving that denim moto jacket! Great look missy! I pray for the day that my legs slim down and I can wear the whole boot with skirt thing without it making my legs look more frumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey !!!! I love your blog its amazing :)
    I follow you on lookbook, your style is really nice
    Follow back :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Williamsburg. Such a fun place to hang out.

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was born in Williamsburg. I was just talking to my husband about how the apartment I lived in as a child must be so much more expensive now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really how cool. its come up so fast and is super expensive now!

      xx

      Delete
  5. That skirt is an amazing find, can't wait to see how you styled it. Lovin your studded boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this outfit. And in all my visits to NY and specifically Brookyln I've never ventured to Williamsburg. Need to make a trip even if it's by myself (since my NY friends have a complete aversion to it).


    xx

    madeofdecourum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should def take a trip its awesome for shopping and finding little quirky restaurants too

      xx

      Delete
  7. oooo I love the stud design on those boots! to die for!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    Parlor City Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those shoes, you look fabulous. I think right now Harlem is the only part of the city that's affordable to me for living purposes. I hope that never changes just in case I ever want to return.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin