Friday, September 7, 2012

NYFW Spring 2013 Day 1

it's here it's here it's finally here Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week
officially kicks off today and I could NOT be more thrilled! im so looking forward to catching up with blogger buds and seeing the latest in Spring trends.
today i went with an all green look. for some reason i wanted to keep it simple yet with an unexpected twist.
Todays Schedule
Tadashi Shoji
ARISE Magazine African Icons Presentation

The Tadashi Shoji runway setup was soooo whimsical and amazing. I guess it was a little hint to because he when with a lot of lace and blues this season. I am a huge fan of lace! The dresses were either fitted to the tee or free flowing fabrics that accentuate all the right places.
Tadashi sure can make the hell out of a dress.









HELLO.....i almost died when i saw the last stunning white dress with side cutouts. it is freaking fabulous. i don't know where I would wear such a dress but i am determined to have this...one day...after saving a lot. lol. needless to say Tadashi Shoji kicked ass.
 I wonder if his home is filled with beautiful fabrics that he sleeps in.....

Next up was ARISE Magazine Spring 2013 Collections
Tiffany Amber
Tsemaye Binite
Gavin Rajah
Maki Oh
Ozwald Boateng

Maki Oh
All of the Arise Magazine African Icons Collections were great but my favorite was definitely
Maki Oh. I loved the shape of the skirts and the use of fringe and velvet. For video and info on the other designers who showed at ARISE check out my NYFW link.


Top: Vintage American Apparel | Skirt: American Apparel | Shoes: L.A.M.B. Mya
Sunnies: A&J via Loehmanns
 
 me and boo nadia aboulhosn...she will KILL me when she sees i used this photo. and i found that i was featured in Essence Magazine Street Style.
for more indepth coverage of fashion shows and all the happenings of NYFW check out my
New York Fashion Week link and follow me on instagram (@monroesteele).
don't forget to enter my New York Fashion Week Giveaway!
 
 
xx
Monroe
 
Follow me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I agree Tadashi Shoji was amazing, That last dress slayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove Tadashi Shoji!

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tadashi was a beautiful show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I love both of your outfits. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing look luv the shades of green

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freakin love Tadashi Shoji....i'm always swooning over his red carpet pieces worn by celebs, cant forget the one Octavia Spencer wore...awesome designer! <3

    serenamariposa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovelovelove your outfit. Monochrome at its best. And your glasses are nice, too.

    I'm a huge fan of Tadashi Shoji. His collection was definitely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm more than glad I've found your blog! Absolutely love this outfit and your style in general. Followed with pleasure)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute pic of you and nadiah! And your monochromatic outfit is giving me lifeeeee! Umm these shades are way to cool not to own a pair!

    xoxo TY

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin